Eric K. Holbrook
Royal Palm Beach, FL
Micro Website and Portfolio: http://ekholbrookdigitalknight.github.io/Contact: email@example.com
Web Developer, Front End Developer, WebMaster, WordPress Guru, Graphic Designer.
- Involved in coding of both Back-end and Front-end code for e-commerce sites for Citibank, AARP, Allstate, Verizon and others.
- Problem solving, debugging, code optimization, code review and code analysis.
- Work effectively as a team member within all levels of company, teaching, sharing, learning
- Agile and Scrum development practices
- Version control systems, CVS, Subversion / SVN, Git & Git Bash
- Able to build a website from the ground up with no specific core framework
- Experienced with hosting and building WordPress sites, setup, customization and writing new code or templates and plugins.
Web Developer at Deluxe Rewards (A Division of Deluxe Corporation - NYSE:DLX)
Boca Raton | August 2013 – December 9, 2016.
- Directly involved in coding of ecommerce rewards type websites for Allstate, Verizon, Citibank, AARP, and dozens of smaller clients.
- Writing new or upgrading existing back end code - including basic Java, SQL scripts and procedures, jUnit testing including writing or adding to existing java code for everything from how customers could update their account information, purchase and checkout products, display product catalog and handle all variations of products, book hotels and travel arrangements, process logins, redeem points, enter online auctions or sweepstakes, track events and customer interaction with google analytics (writing the JS code and logic) as well as the admin/customer service side of the website to manage each website, their customers, products, setup sweeps and auctions and more.
- Working within an Agile development environment with multiple Scrum Teams, Daily Standups, project planning, Grooming and Tasking
Web Developer at 85 Broads (later renamed to Ellevate)New York, Connecticut and Remote in Florida | March 2012 - August 2013 (1.5 years in Florida – Remotely) & August 2003 – November 2008 (5.5 years in New York and Connecticut – In Office)
- Propose and develop new strategies for increased network growth. This including building surveys, capturing more member data by adding more fields to member profiles, and making more logical connetions with data to increase feeling of members that they are part of a large network.
- Retiring old or outdated technologies to be replaced with future technology solutions and concepts. One large goal was with the increase in WordPress as a vialable platform, to explore possibility of moving entire site to WP or Drupal or Joomla. Smaller websites were built out with Wordpress to test out various solutions.
- Build out smaller focused websites that ultimately help grow parent website and increase growth.
- Using PHP or Ruby on Rails, build or improve core functions to handle member profiles, news feeds, user subscriptions
- Creating email newsletters on a regular basis and manage the difficulties in working with multiple email clients
Director of Web Development and Graphic Design at SKM Media
Boca Raton | April 2010 - March 2012
- Design, hand code, then deploy and manage 30+ websites
- Design print and email marketing campaigns for clients (postcards, full page ads, brochures).
- Build marketing campaigns that including Email, Web Landing page or Micro Site with form and capture application.
- Maintain and upgrade existing company websites.
- Built a large database to enhance sales leads and enable far more hot leads by tracking which people were returning or prospective customers
Internet Marketing Specialist at LaBovick & LaBovick, PA
December 2009 - April 2010 (5 months)
Web Development Contractor
March 2009 - December 2009 (10 months)
Web and Multimedia Manager at Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach County
October 2008 - March 2009 (6 months)
Web Developer at Neuberger Berman
May 2000 - November 2001 (1 year 7 months)
Web Developer and Designer at BestWeb Corporation
April 1999 - May 2000 (1 year 2 months)
Senior CAD Systems Operator at Carrington Associates, Architects, P.C.
August 1987 - August 1989 (2 years 1 month)
Bennington College 1987 - 1991
Online Certifications from courses taken at Code School
Git Real, Git Real 2,
The Sequel to SQL
Blasting Off With Bootstrap
Journey Into Mobile
Adventures in Web Animation
"I worked alongside Eric in the role of Agile Coach and had the opportunity to watch him apply systems thinking, excellence in engineering and team work daily. His intellectual curiosity allowed him to continuously improve his skills. Eric would be an asset to any organization. "
— K. S., CSP, Director, Development Operations, Deluxe Corporation, managed Eric indirectly at Deluxe Rewards
"Eric is a very knowledgeable developer. He is definitely a valuable asset for any organization. His curiosity towards thorough understanding of the subject matter makes him an efficient developer hence providing code with less rework. His patience towards people and to learn things is very appreciable. If given a change i would love to work again with Eric."
—S. S., Quality Analyst, Destination Rewards, worked directly with Eric at Deluxe Rewards
"Eric is extremely knowledgeable of all different methods of coding, both back-end and front-end, and what impressed me the most was his desire to share this knowledge and help others around him become better at writing code or understanding how to solve various work related projects."
— L. D., Programmer Analyst, Deluxe Rewards, worked directly with Eric at Deluxe Rewards
Full list of references available upon request